Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Biggest Loser

So I have been trying to lose weight. There was a time where I was skinny and fit and had puma like agility. People see pictures, and are surprised that I was that small. I look back on those days with fondness. I had clothes that I liked wearing, and going shopping was a very enjoyable thing. I could wear pretty much everything in the store, and damn near everything fit well. I was athletic, and could go out and play pretty much any sport, after a night of drinking and partying, with only 15 minutes or so of notice. Now, I have told myself that everyone is like that in their early 20's. The older you get, the more likely you are to gain a little weight....And now we fast forward to today.

There are a lot of reasons that I have gained weight. The obvious one is I became less active. Post football and inter-murals I just do a hell of a lot less. Unfortunately (for a long time) I ate exactly the same way as I did when I was practicing football for 3-5 hours a day. That has led to some of the weight gain. Second, when Katie and I were dating I lived in Morgantown and she lived in Chicago. Since we did not see each other that much, we always went out to eat when we were together, almost every time we ate. It was our way of celebrating being together. We ate at some great places (go to Catch 35 if you are ever in Chicago, it's phenomenal). Finally, I just dig food. Good food makes me happy. Finding a restaurant we have never eaten at before, trying cuisine is a good feeling for me. But that hasn't helped in the keeping off the weight department.

So here I am. I had lost 30 pounds, but I have gained 12 of them back. I have set a goal. I want to be under 300 lbs by the time the baby comes. Garrett is supposed to be here August 20th. So about 2 months. I have a plan for how I am going to do this, that 'll lay out in the next post. I'm gonna need support, prayers, thoughts and all that other good stuff. I will keep you posted of how the journey is going. Let me know what you think of my effort, or if you have some tips for me. So the journey begins again...

No comments:

Post a Comment