Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Third of the Way There....

Yesterday was my birthday. 31. It's pretty remarkable that I have already lived 1/3 of my life. It has been a hell of a ride. I made some pretty bad decisions and some pretty great decisions. I've loved people, I've thought I was in love and I've obsessed. I've helped, I've hurt and I've hindered. I've drank...well I drank a lot. All in all, it was a hell of a ride. However, as I reflect back it does a couple things...

First, it makes me smile. I have made some of the best friends that anyone could ask for because I went to a school that I never even knew existed. I moved to Morgantown, and met some people who I am proud to call my friends. I reconnected with someone I had lost in my past, and found my best friend and my wife.

It also makes me think of where I am now. I am an Assistant Professor at a job that I really like. I've always wanted to work with kids, these ones are just a bit older. But I feel good about the job I do, and I feel like I make a difference and that's why I wanted to teach. We have a house that we love, in a neighborhood that we like. We have lots of pets (something that I always wanted) Baxter and Bella (the cats) and Cricket and Tucker (the dogs).

Finally, it makes me think of where I am going. The thing I am most excited about is the baby. Katie and I are having a little one in August. Countdown is on, 10 weeks to go. I've always wanted to be a dad and I am crazy excited for the opportunity. This blog will talk about all of those things, where I've been, where I am, and where I am headed..Cuz hell, life has been good and I'm going to rock it out until the end. After all, I am a third of the way there....

No comments:

Post a Comment